Between pulling dog hair out of our food and constantly finding treat crumbs in our pockets, life as a dog person is pretty unique. We know to never leave the house without poop bags or even think about delaying dinner. Dog owners are the people that say things like “No, you cannot eat garbage,” and “Do you have to lick your butt so close to my face?” It isn’t always pretty, but it’s a life full of fun, fur, and love.
One of the best parts of being a dog owner is watching our friends’ confused faces when we do or say something only a fellow dog owner would understand. Unless you regularly share your lap with a furry best friend, you just won’t get it.
Thanks to Twitter, we have an abundance of examples of situations that only dog owners will get. How many of these can you related to?
- We dare you to resist a dog in a bandana. That’s right, you can’t.
- How dare you!
- Because that’s just what dog moms do.
- This a dog’s special talent.
- We wish this wasn’t true, but it is.
- This is why dog owners have perfected the art of mouth breathing.
- Nothing but the best for the dogs.
- The resemblance is uncanny.
- Work can wait. Cute dogs are always worth it.
- Only dog owners know how important of a decision this is.
- Dogs are smarter than we think.
- You know you’re a dog owner if this hits you right in the heart.
- No offense, but dogs are better than people.
- The struggle is real.
- They’re gross, but we still love them.